Helpdesk Support Specialist
ZRT Laboratory is an internationally recognized leader in innovative and meaningful hormone and wellness testing. Health care providers and research teams worldwide use our tests, including the CDC, the NIH and many renowned universities. With 20 years of experience and results from over 8 million tests, ZRT offers a commitment to the best science and the best people, for the best in personalized home-collection tests.
As part of ZRT’s Information Technology department, the purpose of this position is to function as our primary customer-facing support for the day-to-day issues experienced by our internal customer base. The right fit for this opportunity is someone who has a strong customer orientation and is able establish strong work relationships within and across the company. The successful candidate will also have a strong work ethic, proven troubleshooting skills and be a demonstrated self-starter who is ready to learn and contribute in a changing environment.
- Provides day-to-day helpdesk support for company’s desktop environment (Win 7 to Win 10), applications, related hardware, peripherals, etc.
- Communicates and escalates issues relating to supported environments (infrastructure, desktops, applications, etc.)
- Handles daily backup process, ensuring tapes are ready for off-site and received
- Develops & maintains knowledge of application systems, interfaces, reporting processes and data flows within the company
- Participates in coordination and execution of QA/test activities for new releases, upgrades, bug fixes, etc. as needed for key applications
- Ensures courteous, professional and efficient service to internal and on occasion, external customers
- Assists in the documentation of IT related policies, processes & workflows
- Active participation in license & asset management processes
- Carries out necessary tasks and work items relating to assigned projects
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with an ability to speak to technical and business stakeholders
- A minimum two years of on-site end-user &/or desktop troubleshooting and support
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in supporting Microsoft based clients (Win 7 to Win 10) with proven troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with fundamental networking & connectivity concepts and active directory relating to user accounts and permissioning
- Experienced in creating technical documentation (technical, process, workflow, etc.)
- A driven, results-oriented team player who has strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- A problem-solving, self-directed individual with a proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task in a team environment and support internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly with a desire to work in a fast- paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time to perform this work
- May require some bending or lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to use hands to perform a variety of repetitive tasks
- Must be able to attend to details under stress, remaining calm and helping others to do the same
If this sounds like the right fit, we want to talk to you! Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promote a healthy and diverse work environment.